Hey! It’s been a long while since I’ve posted on my blog but I wanted to jump on and share one of my absolute favorite soups for the winter time with you. I make this soup every winter, multiple times a season and still can’t get enough of it. If I didn’t live in Arizona, I’d be eating this all year long. Ha ha.
- Chicken breast
- Chicken broth
- Lime juice (store bought or fresh. It doesn’t matter)
- Olive oil
- Green onions
- More green onions
- More cilantro
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt for a healthier substitute. You can’t even taste the difference, I promise!)
I didn’t put a specific measurement for any of it because it’s all up to your taste.
- Chop up the jalpeno (remove the seeds if you don’t want it to be too spicy) green onions, tomatoes & cilantro.
- Dice up the chicken.
I didn’t do it this way first because apparently I like to do things the hard way. Ha ha.
- Turn the pot onto medium-high heat.
- Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil in.
- Mix in the jalpeno & green onions and sautée until tender.(around 2-3 minutes).
- Add in the garlic at the last 30 seconds so it doesn’t burn.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, chicken & chicken broth. (I used 2 cans to make my desired amount of soup).
- Add the lime juice (I put 2 1/2 tablespoons in because I LOVE lime. But, if you’re not as into it, I recommend 1 1/2 tablespoons.)
- Add all your seasonings. (Salt, pepper & cumin).
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium, cover & let it simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add in the cilantro.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add all your toppings and enjoy!!
Now wasn’t that easy?! That’s exactly why I love it!!
Let me know if you end up making this soup and how you like it!!
Until next time!