I’ve brought this pasta salad to many, many parties and served it at many of my own. I constantly have people coming up to me telling me how much they enjoyed it. (Of course making me blush every single time! ha ha) So I wanted to share this with you to bring to your next cookout. Or maybe for your 4th of July festivities today! (Sorry it’s a little late, the weekend had me running around non stop and I just wasn’t able to get this post up in time.)
You will need:
- 1 bag/box of your choice of pasta. I love to use this Fusilli from Trader Joe’s.
- Grape tomatoes
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 can sliced black olive (Optional! As you can see I left them out but all the times I have put them in, they’ve been a hit.)
- 8 oz block of cheddar cheese
- 8 oz block of colby jack cheese (sometimes I switch this up with mozzarella instead)
- 1/4 lb hard salami
- 1/4 lb pepperoni
- Oregano to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Tuscan house Italian dressing
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Bring water to a boil
- Add pasta and cook until tender
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up the red pepper, tomatoes, salami, pepperoni, both blocks of cheese and the black olives then put them to the side in the bowl you will be using. Then into the refrigerator to keep them cool.
- Once the pasta in tender, strain and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hr or until completely cooled. This is a very important step, you want your pasta to be chilled all the way through otherwise the cheese will start to melt along the edges.
- After the pasta has chilled, add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix in the oregano, salt, pepper and dressings. (all of this is to taste. I usually use around 3/4 of cup for each dressing.)
- Let it chill for another 1/2 hr-1 hr and it is ready to serve.
I really hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know in the comments if you try it and how you like it!
Until next time!