Yesterday we went on a spur of the moment trip up the mountain. Jordan told me he wanted to go up before it snowed which was fine with me because I had stuff to do around the house later. Well, I definitely thought he meant he wanted to beat the snow so we would only be there for a couple hours and only go as far as a couple miles up the mountain. But, turns out he meant he wanted to get up there before it snowed so that he could be in the snow storm. Ha ha oops! We took our time going up the mountain, stopping at small pull outs to check out the scenery and brave the wind. (which was insane by the way! It almost knocked me off a rock! ha ha) Once we got to the top we had lunch at Sawmill restaurant, walked around a couple shops, got their famous fudge and bought a beanie for me to keep my ears warm (that’s what happens when you’re unprepared for a super cold day trip. ha ha) We ended up staying up there all day waiting for it to snow or “snow chasing” as we started calling it ha ha. Towards the end of the day it did start snowing and though it wasn’t a lot, it was still enough to make the trip worth it. We just had a good time going back and forth from the top, to the shops and to our favorite spots. Snapping photos, people watching, and trying not to slip on ice. ha ha.
Until next time,
Our sunglasses are from Nectar sunglasses. For our exact pair Click here! Also, get 15% off any pair by using the code ADEN15 at checkout.
I’ve brought this pasta salad to many, many parties and served it at many of my own. I constantly have people coming up to me telling me how much they enjoyed it. (Of course making me blush every single time! ha ha) So I wanted to share this with you to bring to your next cookout. Or maybe for your 4th of July festivities today! (Sorry it’s a little late, the weekend had me running around non stop and I just wasn’t able to get this post up in time.)
You will need:
- 1 bag/box of your choice of pasta. I love to use this Fusilli from Trader Joe’s.
- Grape tomatoes
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 can sliced black olive (Optional! As you can see I left them out but all the times I have put them in, they’ve been a hit.)
- 8 oz block of cheddar cheese
- 8 oz block of colby jack cheese (sometimes I switch this up with mozzarella instead)
- 1/4 lb hard salami
- 1/4 lb pepperoni
- Oregano to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Tuscan house Italian dressing
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Bring water to a boil
- Add pasta and cook until tender
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up the red pepper, tomatoes, salami, pepperoni, both blocks of cheese and the black olives then put them to the side in the bowl you will be using. Then into the refrigerator to keep them cool.
- Once the pasta in tender, strain and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hr or until completely cooled. This is a very important step, you want your pasta to be chilled all the way through otherwise the cheese will start to melt along the edges.
- After the pasta has chilled, add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix in the oregano, salt, pepper and dressings. (all of this is to taste. I usually use around 3/4 of cup for each dressing.)
- Let it chill for another 1/2 hr-1 hr and it is ready to serve.
I really hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know in the comments if you try it and how you like it!
Until next time!
*Some links may be affiliate links. Opinions are always my own.*